Easy Lemon Freeze
Only 10 minutes prep time to a cool summer treat.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus baking & freezing time
Preheat To: 375ºF (190ºC)
Serving: 16 squares
3 tbsp (45 mL) butter or margarine
2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
1 cup (250 mL) graham cracker crumbs
1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand® Regular or Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
1 pkg ( single pie format) lemon pie filling
1/2 cup (125 mL) lemon juice
1 1/2 cups (375 mL) whipped cream or non-dairy topping
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line an 8” x 8” (2L) baking dish with parchment paper, overlapping two sides for easy removal.
2. Melt butter in small saucepan. Stir in sugar and crumbs. Reserve 1 tbsp (15mL) for garnish. Pat crumbs on bottom of prepared baking dish.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes.
4. Prepare lemon pie filling as per package directions and let cool.
5. Combine pie filling, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice in a medium bowl. Mix until smooth.
6. Spread into prepared pan. Top with whipped cream and reserved crumbs.
7. Freeze 3 hours. Cut into squares. If desired, garnish with lemon slices before serving.