Apple Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake
Apple and cinnamon coffee cake gets even better with our streusel topping!
Prep Time: 20 minutes plus baking time
Preheat To: 350°F (180°C)
Serving: about 15 servings
3 cups (750 mL) all-purpose flour
1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
½ tsp (2.5 mL) baking soda
½ tsp (2.5 mL) salt
¾ cup (175 mL) unsalted butter, melted
¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
¾ cup (175 mL) white sugar
4 large eggs
1½ tsp (7.5 mL) vanilla
1 can (300 mL) Regular or Low Fat Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups (500 mL) unsweetened applesauce
½ cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
¼ cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
2 tbsp (30 mL) unsalted butter
¼ tsp (1 mL) cinnamon
1. Sift dry ingredients together ; set aside.
Mix wet ingredients :
2. With electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add remaining wet ingredients in order, beating well after each addition.
3. With electric mixer on low speed, fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients beating just until smooth.
4. In separate bowl, rub all topping ingredients together until crumbly.
5. Pour batter into one 13" x 9" (33 cm x 23 cm) rectangular or two 8" (20 cm) square baking pans lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle topping evenly over batter. Bake until toothpick in center comes out clean, about 30-35 minutes (do not overbake). Cool completely in pan on wire rack.