A Slice of Nuts
This perfect blend of 4 simple ingredients is so good you’ll go nuts!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Bake Time: 20 minutes
Serving: 36 bars
4 cups (1 L) mixed nuts, preferably salted
1 cup (250 mL) dried cranberries
1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand® Low Fat Sweetened Condensed Milk
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 15” x 10” (40 cm x 25 cm) jellyroll pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine nuts, cranberries and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Pour sweetened condensed milk into a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Pour hot sweetened condensed milk over nut mixture and stir well.
5. Spread onto prepared jellyroll pan. Mixture may be sticky.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Cool and cut into slices.
Tips:Try replacing the dried cranberries with chopped dried apricots or raisins.
To add a little spice, omit the cinnamon and dried fruit. Add an additional 1 cup (250 mL) of nuts and ½ tsp (2 mL) of cayenne pepper. Prepare recipe as above.