Dulce Peach Cobbler
You’ll be feeling peachy when you try this classic cobbler with a sweet caramel twist. Please pass another piece!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 60 minutes
Serving: 8 servings
1 can (300 mL) Eagle Brand® Dulce de Leche Caramel Flavoured Sauce
1 bag (600 g) frozen peaches
1 cup (250 mL) Robin Hood® Original All Purpose Flour
½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
½ tsp (2 mL) each; salt, cinnamon
¾ cup (175 mL) butter
¼ cup (50 mL) boiling water
⅓ cup (75 mL) sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Grease a deep, 9” (23 cm) round or 11” x 7” (28 cm x 18 cm) casserole dish.
3. Filling: Combine, in a large bowl, caramel flavoured sauce and peaches and pour into prepared dish.
4. Topping: Stir together, in a large bowl, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Blend in butter using a pastry blender or your fingers until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until just combined.
5. Drop topping over the peach mixture (topping will spread as it bakes). Sprinkle with sliced almonds.
6. Bake in preheated oven, for 55 to 60 minutes or until topping is golden and a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
Tips:Instead of sliced almonds, why not try sprinkling chopped pecans or sliced walnuts onto your cobbler? A twist everyone is sure to fall in love with!